I am a teacher. And also a nerd. And sometimes I do things in public that make others stare at me.
The thoughts and ideas in this blog are my own, unless otherwise stated,and do not represent the views of my employer in any way.
Hey, tumblr educators and education-minded people!
It has come to light that plagiarism is kind of a big problem at my school. What is also a big problem at my school is that we do not have a plagiarism policy.
I know, right? It’s 2013, we are a PBIS school, and we do not have a policy for academic integrity.
So my questions to you are:
1. Does your school have a policy on plagiarism and academic honesty?
2. What is your (personal or school) policy on the matter?
- studentstudio likes this
- geofaultline likes this
- queennerdsciencegeek reblogged this from mrskaaay
- queennerdsciencegeek likes this
- artteacheradventures likes this
- mrskaaay reblogged this from everyfiredies and added:
- eninsevil reblogged this from everyfiredies
- fionacannotfathomconstellations likes this
- everyfiredies reblogged this from mrskaaay and added:
- soaking-it-in answered:0 on the assignment, note home to parents. happens again? issue goes to council for possible suspension/failure of course
- thisguyteaches answered:1) No. 2) Automatic zero with parent contact. Student must make up assignment in morning tutorials.
- whirringg answered:I had to give zeros, log in powerschool, and on second offense will be detention/iss at my middle school. I have zero tolerance.
- ohyesjulesdid answered:We have an academic honesty policy. Infractions follow students throughout their time at the school, not just 1 year. I’ll happily share 411.
- enhanceandescape answered:I know it’s horrible, like what’s the big deal with bombings and shootings and suicidal teens when students are cheating on meaningless hw?
- littlestwampum likes this
- meghanjh likes this
- worb likes this
- thepipsqueaks reblogged this from mrskaaay and added:
- melissaservinuribe answered:hey :)
- This was featured in #Education
- sweetbandnerd answered:Middle school is the time to teach and educate. We don’t have a policy. We educate and have them redo the assignment. Educate them in MS.
- girlwithalessonplan answered:I HATE PBIS. Yes, we do. Zero on assignment, zero on grade period, zero for class with each offense.