Drying curly hair is incredibly glamorous.
In other news, I leave in 20 minutes to hopefully buy my car!
To do this with older students, have them make a T chart first of sounds that can be drawn out (vowels, “sh” “th” “l” etc) and sounds that can’t be drawn out (“b” “p” “t” etc) then create alliterative sentences using just one side of the T chart. They can then share them with the class and analyze the tone of the sentences.
how did i even get shin splints doesn’t that require physical activity of some sort
Don’t feel bad. I got runner’s knee from walking to class.
OpenDyslexic is a free-to-use font that is designed to help those with dyslexia read better. The text is weighted, having a heavier bottom, which is thought to increase readability for dyslexic people. You can download it for free here.
I don’t have dyslexia myself, but in the event any of my followers do, I thought I’d share. Maybe it will help people.
I’m dyslexic and I find this super readable. Goddammit, where were you, font, when I was in Mrs. Wright’s 4th grade class?
Literary Birthday - 25 May
Happy Birthday, Ralph Waldo Emerson, born 25 May 1803, died 27 April 1882
- The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
- A man is what he thinks about all day long.
- Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.
- Imagination is not a talent of some men, but is the health of every man.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Next to the originator of a good sentence is the first quoter of it.
- Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
- Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
- Art is a jealous mistress.
- If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
- Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
- I cannot remember the books I’ve read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Emerson was an American essayist, lecturer, and poet, who led the Transcendentalist movement of the mid-19th century.
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the stone
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the chamber
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the dementors
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the triwizard tournament
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the returning
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the creepy childhood
- Harry Potter and the voldemort can u not with the horcruxes and just die already jfc
Is anyone cards against humanitying? (hu-manateeing? Summer brain has set in) I want to plaaaaaay.
Will & Jaden Smith performing on the Graham Norton Show a Switch/Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune remix with an appearance from DJ Jazzy Jeff & Alfonso Ribeiro :)
aka THE BEST THING EVER!!
aww, they’re so cute together
I don’t think I can handle myself right now.
There are some things that just complete you. This is one of them.
numpty asked: Do you know of a good website/book for reading and writing assessments?
My school paid for a membership to Mastery Connect, which is a great place to find assessments. Also, the PARCC website and Smarter Balance website have assessments written. If you are looking for writing assessments, you can look up released on-demand tasks in any search engine and find some good ones, as well as released student samples to use as an example/to help you assess.
Somehow I neglected to sign my contract for next year??
So I guess today I am going to the post office, the thrift shop, and then to work. Which is okay anyway because I accidentally left my standards for next year in my cabinet. Once I can locate my cabinet, I can get those standards and break them up into indicators.
petition for hank green to write a song entitled ‘benedict cumberbatch’ in which he lists all of the names we can give benedict cumberbatch and still understand that it’s benedict cumberbatch
make hank green find the thing
First days of summer break are for:
1. sleeping in
2. watching trashy TV
3. spending time with your family
4. making all the doctors appointments you didn’t make during the school year because you didn’t want a sub